Marketing and Public Relations Officer
To assist in the preparation, planning and project managing the publication of all publicity material maximising brand promotion. Assisting in managing the public image of the organisation. Plans, develops, implements, and assesses information and communication strategies which promote the dissemination of information to members of the public, and all stakeholders.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include (but not limited to) the following:
- Assist in the development and review of Marketing Plans, activities and budgets
- Coordinate various research and formulation activities
- Coordinate our presence and activities at trade shows, fairs etc, focusing on key events such as Edu Ventures
- In conjunction with the Academic Affairs and International Programmes Departments, to develop sustainable programmes to systematically target existing students to return for further study and provide for proper follow up and tracking
- Work in conjunction with the Graphic Artist and relevant departments, to ensure the accuracy of salient information on company’s website
- Ensures the accuracy, good condition and visibility of the organization’s signage island wide.
- Assists in the editing and production and quality assurance of printed matter and advertising used by the organization e.g. brochures, posters, advertisements etc.
- Coordinate training of staff on various Marketing activities and products competitive advantage
- Employ market feedback and your own observations etc to develop methods to improve the department’s and the organization’s operations and cost effectiveness
- Responsible for the developing systems that are sustainable and in so doing, to document them for future reference
- Assist and/or execute various special projects both internal and external to the department including Local and International graduations and promotional events
PUBLIC RELATIONS DUTIES:
- Build on organizations’ image while managing the brand and identity.
- Monitors the public’s opinions on the organization and topical issues.
- Communicates strategies and issues to the management team
- Represents the organization in discussions at events, press release, special interest groups, and other organizations.
- Responds to media and public inquiries as well as arranges interviews with media outlets.
- Prepares and distributes press releases.
- Writes, edits, and produces newsletters, brochures, and other publications assist the organization with the preparation of annual reports, business profiles, and other corporate documents.
- Writes speeches and oversees the development of visual and multimedia aids for client presentations.
- Public speaking at press conferences, media interviews, and presentations
- Solicit suitable sponsors to partner with the organization.
- Develops risk assessments and crisis management plans, and implements them to protect the organisations’ reputations.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels across the institution both orally and in writing.
- Be able to communicate with internal and external customers with tact and diplomacy.
- Must possess good organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must have an appreciation of the UCC philosophy and mission.
- Have a high level of initiative, accountability and integrity.
- The ability to work well within a team.
- A Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or Business Administration is required.
- A Master’s degree would be an advantage.
- A minimum of four (4) years of related/successful experience in a marketing or communication position.
- 3 – 5 years experience supervising staff would be an advantage. A hands-on collaborative style of working is a must!
- Ability to draft content for marketing and promotional materials including, corporate communications, creative copy, marketing briefs, publicity material and collateral copy etc.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
Experience with research and evaluation is an asset; demonstrating an ability to undertake substantive and complex administrative tasks.
Working knowledge of design and implementation software necessary for the job function(PPTX, Prezi, Word, PDF, MailChimp, Google Analytics, LinkedIn, Facebook, Adobe InDesign platform or Adobe CC, etc).