Reporting to the GIS Manager, the incumbent will be required to perform the following duties:
- Provides technical support in the creation, general maintenance and updating of the EOJ’s GIS database.
- Maintains the security of geospatial applications and supporting infrastructure.
- Offers ongoing support to internal and external customers with respect to the use of geospatial applications.
- Plays a lead role in the creation and maintenance of the EOJ’s web GIS services.
- Develops customized geospatial web applications utilizing electoral and supporting data for the purposes of the EOJ.
- Utilizes programming skills to bring improvements to existing information systems
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- A first degree in an Information Technology (IT) related field
- Two (2) years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Knowledge of other programming languages relevant to geospatial