Vacancy Announcement: 2019/01/PROGRAMMES
Deadline for Application: 30 January 2019
Post Title: Programme Finance Officer
Contract Duration: One Year (with possibility of renewal)
Supervisor: Programme Analyst, Capacity Development
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Analyst, Capacity Development and in collaboration with project management units, the Programme Finance Officer is responsible for effective delivery of programme finance services ensuring effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and integrity of financial services. The Programme Finance Officer promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Programme Finance Officer works in close collaboration with the Programme and Operations teams in the CO and UNDP HQ for resolving project finance issues, ensuring successful CO performance in Finance.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Administers and implements the operational and financial management strategies for projects;
- Provides support to the Project Management Units on development and management of budgets;
- Provides support to project accounting and the project closure process;
- Prepares financial report to the Project Managers, Country Office, and donors;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, guidance to all stakeholders on financial matters.
Education: Bachelor’s in Accounting and Finance, Business, Public Administration.
- 4 years of professional experience in finance and administration of projects or experience in the finance sector and 2 years with a Master’s Degree.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience working on development projects would be an asset.
- Experience working with UNDP or other international partners would be an asset.
- Experience with Atlas would be an asset.
Proficiency in written and spoken English.